Serves: 5 - 8 people
Prep Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 - 40 minutes
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 Lb Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 Lb Macaroni (shells)
- 8 Oz Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 8 Oz Pepper Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 8 Oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup "Franks Red Hot Sauce"
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Cut your chicken up into bite-sized chunks and cook it in a frying pan over medium heat with the vegetable oil and garlic cloves for 6 - 8 minutes or until cooked all the way through and set it aside once done.
- Boil 4 quarts of water on high and add in noodles and a pinch of salt. Boil the noodles for 8 - 10 minutes depending on how tender you like, strain them and set them aside as well.
- Take empty noodle pot and place it back on the burner over medium heat. Drop the butter in and wait for it to fully melt and start to boil. Once boiling add the flour and stir that it really well into the mixture. Once that comes back to a boil add milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and stir well. Let that mixture come to a boil and stir occasionally for a few minutes until it has thickened up a little.
- Take it off the heat and add in all your cheese and sour cream and mix well until its all the same consistency. Pour in the hot sauce and mix in well then follow up by dropping in your chicken and noodles and stirring those in well.
- Empty pot into a 9" x 13" baking dish and place in oven on 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes. Let cool down for 10 minutes and enjoy.
Created by: Brent
Inspired by: Matt R.